“Stop Making Excuses”: Stacey Dash To Meredith Vieira On The Gender Wage Gap

YouTube

YouTube

Today in “Please Shut Your Mouth, Stacey Dash” news, the Clueless star appeared on The Meredith Vieira Show and shared her thoughts about equal pay and the gender wage gap.

Much to no one’s surprise, Dash said women who are upset about earning less than men are simply making excuses.

“It’s an excuse. Stop making excuses. If there are opportunities, seize them. And be prepared for them. And be the best, if that’s what it takes. If you have to be extraordinary, be extraordinary,” she said.

Vieira combatted Dash’s statements by noting women make 78 cents on the dollar and her own 22-year-old daughter won’t earn equal wages until she’s in her 60s. She also tried to explain that the wage gap is a systematic problem that needs to be tackled by more than just sheer will.

As the audience began to cheer Vieira on, Dash gave a weak rebuttal citing nepotism. “I know that the numbers are true, but I feel like your daughter will be able to make as much money as she wants in her life. Just like you are. I mean, look at you,” Dash continued. “I guess I won’t put my fate into anything other than my own actions and taking my destiny in my hands. I will not play victim to anything.”

Vieira shut Dash’s claims down by sharing she does not feel she is a victim but is angry at how the wage system has been set up in the United States. Dash’s rebuttal: “If you want to be pissed off about it, then be pissed off about it and work harder for it. But I don’t think us, you know, complaining about it, because there was a law passed that we get paid equal pay.”

Vieria finished their debate once and for all with the truth: “Except we don’t. But, we don’t. We don’t! We don’t! We don’t.”

Bloop!

Dash also thinks those who claim race is a factor in employment discrimination are also making excuses. Sadly these comments coming from Dash are to be expected.

Watch their debate below.

via Jezebel