Pass Or Play? Wiz Khalifa Raps About Wanting Amber Rose Back On Rico Love’s “Somebody Else”

Wiz Khalifa

WENN

Earlier this month, Amber Rose took to Instagram with a heartfelt message about wanting to reconcile with her estranged husband Wiz Khalifa. For days following her public declaration of love, fans stalked Wiz’s social media accounts waiting for him to respond. With the exception of a few vague tweets, he didn’t say much publicly about his wife’s post. Perhaps that was because he was busy pouring his heart out on Rico Love’s “Somebody Else (Remix),” which features Usher and the “Black and Yellow” rapper.

On the track, Rico sings about temporarily reuniting with a former lover who has moved on to someone new. Usher jumps on the track sending a bit of a different message. Instead of following Rico’s lead, he sings about “really” wishing his ex would move on. Some have claimed that he’s speaking about his ex-wife Tameka Raymond, but we’re still on the fence about that.

What we’re not on the fence about, however, is that Wiz is speaking about Miss Amber. He raps:

Thought I had it
All the magic, I couldn’t imagine
That it would all end tragic
Automatically I’m the bad one
I was only doing us
Gave everything, a kid and house
And a wedding ring
And now you talk about you could do better things
How did we get this way?
How do you entertain that bullsh-t?
Why you even care what Instagram got to say?
Now when you see me, we don’t act the same
Smiling on TV tryna hide the pain
An empty seat where you used to be with me on the plane
That empty hole in my heart
Will I ever love again?
You had your way and you know it
Ain’t thinking forward, you still in the past
Ain’t gon’ lie, I spent some time thinking if we could’ve lasted
Screaming ‘F-ck the world,’ I know what’s behind those glasses
Rollin’ up another joint thinkin’ bout the last
Being alone ain’t what you wanna be
And me with a girl ain’t what you wanna see
Truthfully, it’ ain’t you, it’s me.

It doesn’t sound like he’s 100% ready to do right by our girl, but maybe he’s on his way there.

Listen to “Somebody Else Remix” below and let us know if you’re passing or playing.

Follow Jazmine on Twitter @JazmineDenise