“I Understand How Much My Mother Really Cares About Me” Son Snatched Up On Tv Speaks Out

Son Snatched Up On Tv Speaks Out

Source: ABC News

All week, the news cycle has been captivated but the mother who literally shamed her son off the streets of Baltimore. In the midst of all the discussion, I heard several people suggest that this mother, Toya Graham, emasculated her son by smacking and pushing him for the nation, and probably the world to see.

Well, emasculated seemed a little strong to me. So, I was interested to see what the 16-year-old boy, Michael Singleton had to say about the whole incident once he got a chance to join his mother in speaking to the media.

ABC News sat down with mother and son and he explained the situation, from his point of view.

“I’m like, ‘Oh man! What is my momma doing down here?'” Michael said laughing about Monday’s incident.

“All my friends know my mother. Every time they see her they’re like, ‘Toya coming.’ Oh, yeah she’s coming. Everybody better get straight.”

And while he was inevitably clowned by his friends, he understands why his mother did it.

“I understand how much my mother really cares about me. I just got to try to do better.”

You can watch the full interview with these two in the video below.


ABC Breaking US News | US News Videos