Sherri Shepherd Jokes About Giving One Of Her Kids Away Following Surrogate Baby Scandal [Watch]

Shutterstcok

Shutterstcok

It’s been said that you sometimes have to laugh to keep from crying and that seems to be a motto that Sherri Shepherd lives by.

Thursday, the comedienne and actress returned to “The View” as a co-host and joked about giving one of her children away. The ladies were weighing in on a recent study that suggests millennials are in no rush to have children. Fellow guest host Raven-Symone revealed that she desperately wants a baby when Sherri jokingly offered to give the 29-year-old actress one of hers.

“I want a baby so bad,” Raven told her co-hosts. “I’ve wanted a baby since I was 15.”

“Girl, I got one or two, you can have one of mine,” Sherri quipped. “I will give one to you.”

The panel and audience burst into laughter as Sherri went on to clarify what she meant.

“You know how people with kids are like, ‘Take mine.’”

Sherri also addressed her tumultuous divorce in the following segment suggesting that had she listened to friend like Whoopi Goldberg, she wouldn’t be in her current situation.

“I actually feel like, if I had listened to my best friends, I wouldn’t be having … a million attorneys in my life right now,” she shared. “My best friends told me … all the stuff that I’m going through now, all the best friends who told me, ‘Sherri, don’t do this,’ … especially Whoopi Goldberg. She was one who came to my room every day and was like, ‘Here’s the red flags.’ ”

Sherri is known to poke fun at personal situations that would leave the average person in emotional turmoil. Last summer, she also poked fun at the fact that her estranged husband Lamar Sally Sr. served her with divorce papers at last year’s Essence Festival.

“You know they served me papers at the Essence Festival?” she said last summer. “I got served right before I went on stage. I had the summons and complaint in my jokes. I was getting them mixed up. I didn’t know who had served me, which one had served me. One [ex-husband’s] attorney is on ‘Inside Edition’ and one is on ‘Access Hollywood.’ What’s going on? Lord, you got a big blessing for me.”

After extensive legal proceedings, Shepherd was named the legal mother of Lamar Sally Jr., the infant son she shares with her ex. The child was delivered by surrogate Jessica Bartholomew last summer. Sally filed for divorce from the actress before the child could be delivered and requested primary custody. Sherri attempted to get out of the surrogacy contract claiming that her ex had committed fraud by allegedly coercing her into entering the contract knowing that he would eventually file for divorce.