Cheryl Lynn Takes Pettiness To New Heights In Twitter Rant Against Anita Baker

Cheryl Lynn

WENN

Apparently, the fact that you are knocking on 60’s door does not make you exempt from Twitter beef. Last night, “Got to Be Real” singer Cheryl Lynn called out her friend of 35 years, Anita Baker, for blocking her on Twitter. From the sounds of it, Miss Cheryl was all in her feelings after she clicked on her estranged pal’s Twitter profile and realized that she couldn’t see any of her tweets. So she decided to air out her feelings on the social media platform.

“@IAMANITABAKER Really girl, I thought we were cool. I guess I should’ve known something was up when you ignored me,” Cheryl tweeted with an attached screenshot of the blocked notification.

Cheryl Lynn

“What did I ever do to you? Oh, I get it probably cuz I will sing you down on the stage is that it?”

“We’ve been friends since 1980 before you had an album out, and we were always sweet to one another I wonder what changed. Voice maybe?”

“I’ve been nothing but sweet to you, and I get blocked. I thought we were good. It’s crazy how your [true] colors came out.”

A clearly unbothered Anita has been tweeting all morning but has yet to respond to Cheryl’s tweets. Apparently, Cheryl didn’t realize that blocking someone on Twitter also means that you’re unable to see when they mention you.

It’s unclear if the women made amends behind the scenes, but after all of that, Cheryl insisted that she doesn’t have “beef” with the “Rapture” singer.

In response to the fiasco, the Internet has hilariously presented Cheryl with a new middle name.

unnamed-139

 

Sigh.

Follow Jazmine on Twitter @JazmineDenise