Bow Wow Talks Settling Down With Erica Mena: “I Could Have Easily Been The Black Hugh Hefner”

FayesVision/WENN.com

FayesVision/WENN.com

Most were shocked to learn of Bow Wow and Erica Mena‘s engagement last fall. Their relationship seemed to come completely out of left field, but the celebrity couple’s situation lasted longer than many people expected and according to the duo, they still plan on tying the knot.

The rapper is only 28, but he reasons that because he has been in entertainment for so long, he is actually “40 years old” in industry years. For this reason, he says that he’s sure he is ready to settle down.

He tells Rolling Out:

“I could have easily been the Black Hugh Hefner. Erica would be the first to tell you that “Bow is Bow.” I still uphold that young, flashy, on-the-scene lifestyle. That’s never going to leave. But for me, I just follow life and life just hit me differently this time. With me starting at 5, I might be 28, but really I’m 40 years old in entertainment years. So when people are asking why I’m slowing down, the truth is, I’ve had everything. There isn’t a woman that has ever been on camera, ever been interviewed, or ever been on the red carpet that I haven’t been in contact with. So, I’m done with all of that. They say you’re supposed to get it out and live your life. At this point in my life, all of that is boring, and that was when I knew it was time … it just felt right for me and Erica to take that step.”

The CSI: Cyber actor when on to say that his 4-year-old daughter, Shai, also influenced his decision.

“Also, I wanted to focus on being the best father that I could be, because my father definitely wasn’t a good father. I want to have time for [my daughter] whenever she needs me. So all of this works together to allow me to have some stability in my life so I can focus on what I need to do.”

He also shared that having daughter has made him “more respectful” towards women.

“I’m more respectful now. Looking at my little girl, I really have tunnel vision. How could I ever let her down? She’s my best friend, and I’ve been waiting for her to finally get to this age [4 years old]. Now, she can come to work with me and just be chilling. I love it.”