“All I Wanted To Do Was Hump Her” About The Time Rosie Perez Had A Girlfriend

Rosie Perez

DJDM/WENN.com

If you’ve ever taken a psychology class, you know they teach you that sexuality is fluid, meaning very few people identify as 100 percent heterosexual throughout every period of their life, 100 percent of the time.

As we become more honest and progressive in society, people, particularly celebrities, feel more and more comfortable admitting to their own period of questioning or exploration.

“The View” co-host Rosie Perez is the latest celeb to admit to her same-sex attraction when she was in middle school.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Perez revealed this little tidbit during a speech at the TrevorLIVE event in New York City. The Trevor Project, the organization who hosted the event, is a national LGBT youth organization. Perez was there to speak to the importance of teens having someone to talk to about their sexuality.

She said:

“Every human being, whether they want to admit it or not, went through a period of questioning. I know I did.”

Perez then told a story about the feelings she had for and the relationship she had with another girl during junior high.

“All I wanted to do was hump her. And I suppressed the urge and suppressed the urge and suppressed the urge until Michelle one day started humping on me.”

Perez said that when she and Michelle broke up, they also lost their friendship. And after the relationship, she felt that she couldn’t speak to anyone about the questions she had regarding her sexuality.

“I’m not the only one that went through this questioning period. I’m not the only one that suppressed those feelings, who hid their story. I know I’m not lesbian, gay or whatever–I’m a quasi-straight person- I still went through that period. And I thought I was all alone.” 

Perez praised The Trevor project, specifically their crisis hotline fro providing that outlet for people who may be struggling to define or embrace their sexuality.

“If I had other people, specifically adults, if I was just able to call up and they said, ‘Oh, I humped the Michelle-type person, too. You’re normal, don’t worry. You’re either gonna go here, there or in the middle. Don’t worry about it. It’ll pass. You’re just figuring it out,’ even that simple statement, … that would have made all the difference in the world.”