Jennifer Hudson Comments On Lesbian Rumors: ‘If You Wanna Think That, It’s Alright With Me’


Source: WENN

Source: WENN



Apparently, there were some lesbian rumors flying around about Jennifer Hudson. According to PrideSource, the rumors were fueled by the singer’s 2013 performance of “Same Love” with Macklemore and Mary Lambert at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.



“If someone ever questions or thinks that, I don’t care what you think. It shouldn’t matter. And I did get that! People were like, ‘Is Jennifer trying to tell us something?’ Hey, I wasn’t, but if you wanna think that, it’s all right with me. When I got the call (to do that performance), I was like, ‘Oh my god, I definitely wanna do this. A powerful statement is being made and I wanna be a part of that.’”



Jennifer went on to say that she’s so inspired by “the independence and the confidence” of the LGBT community.



“I’m so inspired by that, and I feel like, for me, that is my connection,” she said. “I’ve never understood, gosh, what does the gay community see in me? You know what I mean? Because again, I grew up around a lot of that and that’s the world that embraced me first, so that I’ve never fully gathered.”



She also discussed gay men and their love for her Dreamgirls performance of “And I’m Telling You.”



“The song has its own spirit. It has an effect on everyone, but definitely on the gay community. I think they relate to it in a different type of way – in a special way. A lot of gay men I’ve met, they’re like, “In my heart, I am Effie.’ I relate to Effie, and I think that’s part of the connection. It’s a real situation that we all go through.”



You can check out Jennifer’s full interview here.