Damon Dash Remembers Aaliyah On 13 Year Anniversary Of Her Death: ‘It’s A Beautiful Pain’


Source: Corbis Images

Source: Corbis Images



13 years ago, the entertainment industry suffered a major loss when R&B singer Aaliyah died in a tragic plane crash. Left to mourn were her relatives, friends, fans and boyfriend, Damon Dash. Monday marked another anniversary of the singer’s death and Damon still seems to be grappling with it all, which we completely understand.



“You will always be with me and I feel you protect me every day,” he kicked off a series of Instagram posts. “I know I’m the coolest because you’re the one that told I was… I miss my best friend every day not just today I love you.”




“My nephew lil bobby just sent me this… So crazy… They all loved her cause she played video games and watched cartoons always keep these dudes with me look at @boogiedash,” he continued.


“I know how it feels to have the hottest chick in the game wearing my chain @nataneboudreau just sent me this picture.”



He concluded with an image of Aaliyah at a celebrity softball game.



“This was at that softball game where we beat badboy… She was always such a team player… Check the chain I can’t believe it’s been 13 years… The love is still the same… It will always be it’s a beautifull pain… Hard to articulate #bestthateverdidit.”



It has to be difficult losing a significant other, so I can’t even begin to imagine what Dame went through and is probably still going through.