“It Kinda Felt Like A Competition”: Diamond Says Relationship With Scrappy Suffered Because He Was Jealous Of Her Success


Oxygen

Oxygen



Ever been with a man who you felt you couldn’t share good news with because he always tried to downplay your accomplishments? It’s not easy, and someone who knows that from experience is rapper Diamond. We all know about her relationship with Scrappy of “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta” fame, and we know that when they split after a few years together, things got ugly (and she moved on quickly to Soulja Boy). But the “Sisterhood of Hip-Hop” star shared on the show that a big reason their relationship didn’t work out was because she didn’t feel like the rapper was supportive. After cast member Siya spoke on her girlfriend not supporting the work she does by starting unnecessary drama, Diamond shared her story. Though Scrappy has had some hits (“Money In The Bank” and “No Problem” for instance), Diamond says that when she was focused on her career and started doing big things, he acted more jealous than encouraging.


“Sounds so familiar.


I was in a relationship with my ex Lil Scrappy. He was a bit jealous. So, it kinda felt like a competition.


You’re supposed to be with someone who is going to uplift and add to the equation. You’re not supposed to be dimming your light. That’s what I was doing with Scrap. All because I can’t come home and share accomplishments because you’re going to rain on my parade…then everybody else is your cot damn co-star.”


And on a side note, Scrappy was all in the video when Diamond was featured on Ludacris’ “My Bad Chick” remix.


As we told you recently, Scrappy said that when Diamond left him, he took it quite hard.


“Boy I’m going to tell you, I’m not going to lie to you. Man law! Your boy cried. You feel me, I cried.


You know let me tell you something when I cried like that I knew then I never been in love before. I thought I was in love with my baby mama. I never been in love before.”


You can check out her statements on Scrap’s jealousy around the 3:30 mark: