Kerry Washington Live Tweeted “Scandal” While In Labor, But You’ll Never Guess Why



Splash News

Splash News



It’s nice to know that Kerry Washington is as dedicated to Thursday nights as her loyal gladiators. In a recent interview with Net-A-Porter’s The Edit, the 38-year-old explained that she doesn’t have much of a social life when the show is in season because her Thursday night plans revolve around being available to live tweet the show and interact with fans.


“Oh yes, I have no social life on a Thursday!” she confessed.


Oh, and in case you’re wondering how this all worked out in the weeks leading up to her daughter’s birth nearly one year ago, Washington had this to say:


“Every Thursday within three weeks of my [daughter Isabelle’s] due date, I loaded up pre-tweets based on the episodes and what I would want to say.”


Interestingly, the wife and mom happened to be in labor while the show was on and do you know what she did? She tweeted!



“I tweeted in the very early stages of my labor,” she shared before confessing to her bizarre reason for doing so.


“I figured that if I went completely silent on social media, then people would know I was in the hospital!”


It has been nearly three years since “Scandal” first debuted on ABC, and the show’s protagonist Olivia Pope has been widely praised as well as criticized. When asked if there was anything she disliked about the political heroine, Washington expressed that there are many of Olivia’s choice’s that she disagrees with.


“I love her. To me she’s like family, and with family, it doesn’t matter if you like them or not, you love them no matter what. I don’t always agree with her choices, but I have a lot of compassion for them.”


As for one of the drastic differences that exist between herself and her character, Kerry said that it would have to be her willingness to address her issues.


“I do a lot of therapy! Not to say that I have it all together, but I think I have a little bit more awareness about my behavior patterns and I do the work it takes to get out of them.”


Interesting.


Follow Jazmine on Twitter @JazmineDenise