Kelly Rowland Was “One Of Those Irritating First-Time Moms”



Splash News

Splash News



When one thinks of Kelly Rowland, “irritating” is one of the last words to come to mind. However, by her own admission, the singer was “a bit of a psycho” after giving birth to her son, Titan.


“Oh God. I’m a little bit of a psycho when it comes to being a mom,” she confessed during a recent appearance on “Meredith.” “When he was first born, I remember I didn’t want anybody to touch him. I was one of those irritating first-time moms, ‘Oh don’t touch him and don’t do this and don’t do that.’ To the point if somebody touched him I would probably slap their hands because I did that with one of my girlfriends’ babies and the woman went to touch him and I said, ‘You don’t know him. Don’t do that.”


The new mom also opened up about losing her own mother, who passed away last December.



“It’s definitely been a challenge. My husband says, ‘You know babe you should think about it as a new normal.’ I think I’ve done that but I’m so blessed to have my son.”


She went on to say that she doesn’t believe that she has properly grieved her mom’s passing yet.


“I don’t think I’ve had the time to really really grieve but I feel her presence often,” she said.


Speaking of feeling her mother’s presence, Kelly shared a cute story about Titan breaking out into uncontrollable laughter one day and believing that her mom had something to do with it.


“Something that happened the other day Titan was laughing and I was like what is this boy laughing at because it was such a belly filled giggle. I was like what is that? He was looking up and smiling and laughing. I was like, that’s mom. I just know she is always near and I am just so grateful for that. God gave me an angel, he took one of my angels away but he still has her covering and hovering over us and I’m so blessed for that.”


Check out a couple of clips from her interview below.


Follow Jazmine on Twitter @JazmineDenise